Friday 12 October 2007

Warren Beatty vs Carly Simon vs Helen Reddy

Carly Simon had had breast cancer when she recorded The Bedroom Tapes album, so called because a studio had to be built in her daughter's old bedroom to enable her to make the album. She thought it might be the last album she was able to make, and used it to settle some old scores. There are some wonderful and vitriolic tracks on there, my favourite of which is Scar. You're So Vain is famously rumoured to be about Warren Beatty and I have it on good authority that Warren may also be the old flame who makes an unsavoury appearance in Scar.

Carly Simon - Scar (not on iTunes US - which surprises me as the album gave her a commercial comeback there - or UK which doesn't surprise me as the album was barely released here)

Carly Simon - You're So Vain (iTunes)

I discovered Helen Reddy recently and mistook her voice for Carly Simon's at first.

Helen Reddy - Angie Baby (iTunes)

No comments: