Tuesday 26 June 2007

about The World's Greatest Music

I have been thinking about this and I've come to the conclusion that my mp3 blog could well become the greatest in the world.

All my life, I have spent an inordinate amount of time seeking out music. I like to think I have a good ear for it and I'm certainly an obsessive, but I'm sure those things are true of most mp3 bloggers. What will give my blog the edge is a two-pronged approach. On one hand, the best music of all-time, from the obvious to the obscure. On the other hand, an unusual degree of access to the best new music from unsigned bands to superstar artists.

Then there is my taste - extremely broad. If you are a music snob then there are plenty of blogs for you, but this isn't one of them. After all, it's named after an R Kelly song. But had it existed earlier, this would have been the first place to tell you about Eminem, Belle & Sebastian, Eva Cassidy, Nirvana, Radiohead, Coldplay, Keane, Damien Rice, The Beatles, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Garth Brooks, Hall & Oates, Chris Barber, Chopin, and Crazy Frog.

When writing about a track, I will where possible provide links to an mp3 for listening purposes (preferably at less than CD quality so there's an extra reason to buy the CD or download if you like it), and a download store (usually iTunes).

I never want to do anything to harm the music industry (which I love), or any artist's career, so if you want a link removed, get in touch and I'll do it as soon as possible.

No comments: