Thursday 29 September 2011

"A real human being, and a real hero" - the song from Drive

Joe writes: I know it has only just been released but I'm pretty sure Drive is a classic film. Like lots of classic films, the music is really important - it conjures up a bygone era (the early '80s), yet it doesn't sound quite like anything you've heard before.

The key track is A Real Hero by College featuring Electric Youth. People who haven't seen the film seem to be underwhelmed by this track, which is another reason to go and see the film if you haven't already.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I am obsessed with this song.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree with all of this. The song is particularly mesmerising and entrancing; I love it and it makes me well up and drift off each time...

lepa said...

Great Song

Brian Farley said...

Drive is a film that will be appreciated more over time.It truly is in a class of its own.

Charlie... But I'm not a blogger said...

It really is amazing, film and sound track. Mesmerizing in so many words

Anonymous said...

Obsessed? Yeah I'm about the same. Amazing song. Currently on a loop with Nightcall and Under your spell from the same album.

And the film really does stick with you. Think I'll watch it again soon. I may have hundreds of DVDs but I rarely watch them again...

Anonymous said...

I'm a real human being. Call me at 714-616-4755 if you babies are out there.