Tuesday 13 November 2007

I hate live recordings except for this one

I mean, what's the point? It's like taking a photo of a painting through the window of an art gallery at night, when the lights are off.

I see there's a Garth Brooks compilation out in the UK this week. This gives me an excuse to post one of my favourite songs of all time, The Dance. It's such a great lyric and, I think, the right philosophy to have about relationships (better to have loved and lost...). The original studio version of The Dance is almost perfect but if you want that, buy the album. I've posted a live recording - one of the few I like - where Garth manages to preserve the basics of the original version, while the crowd of what sounds like millions sing along to every word. It's incredibly exciting.

Garth Brooks - The Dance (Live) (there is basically no Garth Brooks music on iTunes at present)

The Dance was written by Tony Arata. You can hear his version of the song and buy his CD at CD Baby.

No comments: