Tuesday 4 September 2007

new Nine Black Alps and another Princess Diana tribute of sorts and Jackson Browne

The second single from the second Nine Black Alps album is Bitter End and it's a good one.

But their best and poppiest track to date is the third single, Future Wife. It reminds me of when I was first listening to Radio 1 and Mark Goodier was presenting the Evening Session. Which specific band I'm not sure - maybe The Candyskins.

Future Wife - Nine Black Alps (album is released on October 22 so not on iTunes yet)

There are excerpts from five new Alps album tracks here

There are four Candyskins tracks here including Wembley (the one I first heard on the Evening Session) and Car Crash, the track that I believe should have broken them after Monday Morning scraped into the top 40. But the label procrastinated and then Princess Diana died in a car crash, making it rather difficult for UK radio to play a song called Car Crash.

Wembley - The Candyskins (iTunes)
Car Crash - The Candyskins (iTunes)

I think Car Crash was probably inspired by Song For Adam from the first Jackson Browne album. Song For Adam is one of those singer songwriter songs which make you really want to know the background to it, like Famous Blue Raincoat or The Last Time I Saw Richard.

Song For Adam - Jackson Browne (iTunes)
Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen (iTunes)
The Last Time I Saw Richard - Joni Mitchell (iTunes)

No comments: