Monday 18 June 2012

The theme from Prometheus: Chopin Prelude in D Flat Major

Joe writes: I went to see Ridley Scott's film Prometheus tonight which was better than I'd feared, and features my favourite piano piece as its theme, Chopin's Prelude in D Flat Major, also known as the Raindrops prelude.




The same prelude also inspired the theme to the '80s soap opera Howard's Way (sorry, couldn't resist):




Here's a scan of an autographed page from the Paderewski edition of the sheet music:

 

2 comments:

Good Day Sunshine said...

Who is the pianist ? Unfortunately, Chopin gets no credit for the music from Prometheus. This prelude is not even included on the soundtrack.

Joe Taylor said...

I think Tzimon Barto is the pianist on the YouTube clip but I don't know whether it is also him on Prometheus